California Testing in 2015
Latest News and Tips for the 2015 CAASPP Administration
- The Test Operations Management System (TOMS) will replace the Test Management System and the Test Information Distribution Engine (TIDE) which was used for the Field Test. All of the things Coordinators were accustomed to doing in both systems, such as setting up testing windows and managing student test settings, will be functionalities available in TOMS.
- The 2015 Test Administration Setup Webcast will be presented on Wednesday, August 20, 2014, from 1–2 p.m. The Webcast will present an overview of TOMS and go over how to set up test administration windows in the new system.
California local educational agency (LEA) testing coordinators can use this Web site to find helpful information, instructions, training, forms, and external links for the 2015 test administration.
LEAs are administering two types of tests in 2015:Smarter Balanced Tests:
- English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics in grades 3–8 and 11
- California Standards Tests (CSTs) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10
- California Modified Assessment (CMA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the eligibility requirements to take this instead of a CST for Science
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for Science—grades 5, 8, and 10 who meet the CAPA requirements
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS) for Reading/Language Arts—grades 2–11 (voluntary)